Dumbbell Shoulder Press
- Sit on the seat of a bench with dumbbells resting on the thighs, feet are flat on the floor
- Back is straight and trunk is stable (contract abdominals)
- Raise the DB’s to the shoulders palms facing out in front.
- Press dumbbells upward
- Do not arch the lower back, raise the hips, or push upward with the legs
- Continue pressing the dumbbells until the elbows are fully extended in line with shoulders.
- Lower the dumbbells in a slow and controlled movement back to your shoulders
- Keep the wrists rigid, abdominals stable.
Targeted Muscle: Shoulders