Machine Leg Press
- Place back against seat back and shoulders up against the shoulder pads.
- Feet about shoulder width apart or slightly greater
- Toes angled slightly outwards
- Keep abdominals strong and back pressed into machine
- Release weight, controlling the movement lower knees to chest
- Do not let knees drop, lower knees until they are parallel with the ledge where the feet are placed (if able)
- Keep back flat and don’t let the knees pass the toes when lowering the weight
- When lowering the weight, keep the knees in line with the toes; do not let them fall in or out
- Keeping weight evenly distributed between feet, extend legs straight up in a controlled forceful manner.
- Do not let the knees or toes lift up when pushing the weight back up
Targeted Muscle: Quadriceps, Hamstring, Glute, Gastrocnemius